Monday, April 9, 2012

April is Aussie Author Month!


Did you know that April is Australian Author Month?

I just moved to Australia, so I'm definitely going to take advantage of this great excuse to read Australian! There are so many great Aussie authors out there. Some of them you may know and love, others you may want to try. There are some fun challenges going on this month (see links below) too. You don't have to be from OZ to join in. If you can, take some time this April to savor a book written by an Aussie Author!


My Favorite Aussie Authors

Garth Nix -- His Old Kingdom series is one of my all time favorites, and I don't even like zombie books!
Markus Zusak -- Ahhh! THE BOOK THIEF! I can't even begin to describe how good this book is.
Scott Westerfeld -- Ok, so he's only Australian half the year, but still. And Uglies? It totally blew me away. read my review here.

 

Aussie Authors on my April TBR list


Melina Marchetta -- Eek I know! I haven't read On The Jellicoe Road! This need to change.
John Mardsen -- Tomorrow, When the War Began has been on my TBR forever.
Justine Larbalestier -- Really want to check out her Magic or Madness Trilogy. She's married to Scott Westerfeld, and therefore is the one who gifted him with his quasi-Australian-ness.

    

More info on Aussie Author Month:
Aussie Author Month & Indigenous Literacy Foundation || Australian Women Writers - Reading Challenge ||   Aussie Author Challenge 2012 || Goodreads: Aussie Authors Challenge with a Twist || 

Want to Find an Australian Author?
Inkcrush's Fav Aussie YA Authors || Goodreads list: Fantasy Authors from Australia || Goodreads list: Best Australian YA Books || Abebooks 20 Must Read Australian Authors || 

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Aussies!

    I'm such a dunce, I had no idea that Scott Westerfelt was an Aussie. I've had Finnikin of the Rock on my Kindle forever, waiting to be read - good excuse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scott Westerfeld! In all honesty, he's only Australian by marriage, but since he lives in Sydney half the year, and has for many years, I figured it counted =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I JUST finished Jellicoe Road and it blew me out of the water. AMAZING. I justed did the review for her fantasy series Finnikin of the Rock, which was good, but not as amazing. Get involved (oh, and I am adding Magic or Madness to my TBR at this moment!) nice post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS saw your comment at our blog! haha, our book lists are magically aligning! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I so envy your move to Australia, for the books ALONE. I love all of the writers you mentioned (and Cath Crowley, is she Aussie or from New Zealand?) Melina Marchetta is hands down my favorite author. I just finished Froi of the Exiles and am anxiously awaiting Quintana of Charyn to release in Australia so I can order it (and pay a lot and wait a long time for shipping, but that's perfectly OKAY) from Fishpond:) Anyway, I'll stop rambling, but I enjoyed this post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis