Monday, April 23, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Favorite Book Characters


It's Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the 
The Broke and the Bookish. This week's list is 

Top 10 All Time Favorite Characters


There are so many characters that I love, so I decided to limit myself to the Top 10 Female Characters. Even so, it was extremely hard to choose! In the end I just cheated and chose twelve. 


Kindred Spirits:

Anne Shirley
- Anne of Green Gables
Anne is definitely my favorite protagonist of all time. I read these books every year, and every time they make me laugh and cry.

Jo March
- Little Women
Jo is just so stubborn and perfect. And I love her in the 2nd and 3rd books in the series, when she's in charge of the home for orphans.

Kit Tyler
- Witch of Blackbird Pond
When I was younger, I probably read this at least three times a year. Kit starts off a proud, entitled girl, and changes so much over the course of the book.

Auden West
- Along for the Ride
This is a new favorite of mine. I just started reading Sarah Dessen and I love her writing/characters! Being the bookish/schoolish type, I can totally identify with Auden.

Endearing Spunk:

Hermione Granger
- Harry Potter
Of course no Top 10 character list would be complete without Hermione. Ms. Granger rocks my books!

Liesel Meminger
- The Book Thief
Ahh. Liesel! I can't even talk about you without choking up. I love this little girl.

Kate de Vries
- Airborn
Kate deVries, though not the main character in this book, is just so determined and steampunky and perfect. Love her!

Anidori "Isi"
- Goose Girl
This was the first Shannon Hale book I read, and I absolutely loved the character of Anidori/Ani/Isi. She went through so much, but never gave up hope.

Fearless:

Fire 
- Fire
I loved Fire - her strength, her power, all the difficult decisions she had to make. A great strong, complex female protagonist.

Lirael
- Abhorsen Trilogy
Lirael was a fascinating character. Not trusting herself, feeling outcast and out of place, then developing into such a powerful character. Love her!

Beatrice Prior
- Divergent
Of course I had to put in one of my newest favorite characters. I loved Tris in Divergent, and I can't wait to see how she handles things in Insurgent.

Aravis
- The Horse and his Boy
I had to include Aravis because this was the girl I pretended I was probably 80% of the time when I was growing up. She rode horses, went on quests, wore genie pants. Loved her!

What are your top 10 favorite book characters?

23 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Aravis! So much love for her, and that book. (I miss it in all the Chronicles of Narnia film adaptations!)

    I love the way you took on the list, there are so many empowering girls here. You're the third person I've seen to mention Jo; she's always stood out to me, although I've never read Little Women or even seen any of the adaptations. Very anxious to finally read it and get to know her character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many great characters. Some are from books I love and other from books I need to read very soon! I loved how you classified them too - very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny - we both have Hermione Granger, as well as the same pic for her on both of our TTT's! Haha! Great post, and you have a new follower as well! Would love it if you could check mine out: My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some good ones here
    New Follower
    http://thephantomparagrapher.blogspot.co.nz/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-all-time-favourite.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Tris and Anne Shirley! Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some in common!
    Jo and Lirael aren't on my list, but I agree fully with their selection :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your list and the way you chose to divide them! Anne Shirley is on my "forever" list - the list of characters I could read about forever, and whose books are on the annual read list :-) I also loved that you included Kate from Air Ron - what an awesome character she is!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your categories! Great choices! Anne came top of my list too- she is such a memorable, wonderful character. LONG LIVE ANNE!

    My TTT: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/04/top-ten-tuesday-favourite-characters-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carissa- I LOVED WITCH OF BLACKBIRD POND. Excellent choice from the vaults. I have to say, I am not sold on Tris, but I will wait until Insurgent before I pass BFF judgement :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I picked up Witch of Blackbird Pond at a library sale last summer, but I haven't read it, because I haven't really heard anything about it and also because I pretty much have a TBR room instead of a TBR pile. I'll have to move it up the queue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO many great characters here!!! How could I have forgotten Anne Shirley!? That's like book blasphemy or something!

    Now I need to go do some serious rereading of amazing books...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you split this up by categories. I too love Jo and Anne. :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read The Witch of Blackbird Pond as a kid and have no memory of it beyond liking it and trying to read other Elizabeth George Speare books... wonder if I'd still like it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hermione & Liesel are my favorites from your list. Liesel is on my list too!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/top-10-tuesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. :/ I wish I'd added Granger in my list but I had so many choices and had to narrow them down..
    Great list ^-^
    Thanks for stopping by the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You already know I love Jo, Anne and Liesel, but now I'm wishing I had added Hermione to my list, too. I keep remembering all these characters I left off! And I haven't read Divergent or Fire (or Graceling) yet, but I'm really looking forward to it because so many people have included characters from those books on their list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE Anne of Green Gables. Great choices!
    Angela @ AJ Arndt Books Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great list, so many wonderful characters! Anne Shirley and Hermione are on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. How could I forget Hermione?? Great choices! Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how I was reading your list and thinking "Oh! Kate de Vries! And Jo March! And Lirael! How could I forget them?!" Great list - I think we'd be kindred spirits :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh, I can't believe I forgot the Books of Bayern! Isi would be such a great friend. The one in that series that I relate to the most is Rin, though!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Loved your list, though my top favorite will be, forever and always, Anne Shirley. I watch the movie every year or so, and love it just as much each time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting the OPPL YA blog! You have a really great list. Loved the categories!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis