Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pitch Factory - Twitter Pitch Logline Generator


Need a logline or Twitter Pitch?

If you're tearing your hair out because there's a contest coming up and you don't have an elevator pitch, STOP.

Sit back, relax, and let the Pitch Factory
                                         generate a logline for you

At the very least, this is something to get you started! Hope you find them helpful and/or entertaining! Have fun!


PITCH FACTORY GENERATORS:
Click one to get started



Character Journey
Pitch Generator



High Stakes
Pitch Generator


Romance
Pitch Generator


   

World/Setting
Pitch Generator



Note: I am far from javascript expert. I tried to make these forms as user-friendly as possible, but if there are glitches or bugs, please let me know in the comments section!

Additional Resources:


Pitmad Pitches that got Requests: Jan 2013 Pitches || March 2013 Pitches || Sept 2014 Pitches  || March 2016 Pitches


Twitter Pitching Resources: Pitch Myths || Pitch Recipes || Pitch Contest Calendar || Using Tweetdeck to Monitor Contests || Twitter Pitch Party Resource Roundup  ||

Beyond this Blog:

More Logline Fun: Generate a Random Zombie Logline // Screenwriter's Utopia Generator // Logline It Share //

More Links for those Actually Looking to Pitch: Christina Farley - Twitter Your Way to a Perfect Pitch // Nathan Bransford - The One-Sentence Pitch // Becca Weston - Building Your Pitch // Rachelle Gardner - One Sentence Summary // RG - Crits & Tips // DWA - #WVTP Winning Pitches // Literary Rambles - Loglines // Query Tracker - Loglines // Writer's Store - Writing Loglines that Sell // Likely Fictions - Pitch Wars Analysis //





Happy V-Day everyone!

Got any other ideas for pitch formula that I could put into the Pitch Generators?  Notice any bugs? Thoughts? Cupcakes? I'd love to hear from you!

18 comments:

  1. I am NOT sure how this is supposed to work, but I am totally going to go check it out. It looks like it will be super-fun at the least. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa...it's like an epic reverse Madlib. This is actually really helpful for thinking about ways to formulate a short pitch, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I just tried it - if nothing else, this is such a great place to start!! Thanks for the helpful links!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a cool use of a minute of my day. Thankya CT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am having way too much fun with this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those generators are fantastic - and really appreciate all number crunching for the other #Pitch/Wars/Mad as well!

    unrelated, as someone who's just starting to learn Javascript (ARGH!) - very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you don't mind - I loved this so much, I referenced your post in my post today (Feb 25). Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome stuff here! Pleased to meet a fellow sci-fi/fantasy writer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. This is perfect since that's EXACTLY what I've been doing this week - sweating over a one-sentence pitch for a contest! I think I finally have it, but I'm going to check these out anyway. They're awesome! (also, you have creepy powers of prediction, perhaps)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow - these are a great starting place for thinking about a short pitch (and also for thinking about novel conflict). Thanks for this great resource!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is fun!!! Too bad I have no projects ready to pitch but I guess I can always do it over and over just for fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so clever! It's fun to play with and really helps you think about the important parts of your novel. Major kudos to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It came up with some unintentionally funny answers, but some that also made me go "hmmm". We'll have to link to your generators before April's Mystery Agent Contest and see if it helps some entrants.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is the most awesome thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I admit, this was awesome LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL. I got some REALLY funny and oh-so-dramatic pitches out of this. It is definitely fun to play with and gives me food for thought.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great post! FYI - the romance generator is not working. The others are and have been most helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis