Monday, April 30, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books to be Made into Movies

This is a weekly meme hosted at Broke and the Bookish. This week's question is:

What are the top ten books you'd like to see made into a movie?

A few weeks ago I posted about what books I didn't want to see as movies. But there are so many that I would love that it was even more difficult to answer today's question. I've picked a few off the top of my head. Most of these don't have any movie prospects that I know of yet, but some do and I'm so excited!!!


ACTION-ADVENTURE / THRILLER

These girls would take on the big screen in a big way. Could you imagine Katsa and Fire? Tris leaping for the trains? Kira getting sciency one minute, then racing through the streets, dodging riots, staging escapes the next? I was so excited to hear that Divergent is being made into a movie. I would love to see all of these in the cinema!



Graceling Series - Kristin Cashore

Divergent -
Veronica Roth

The Partials -
Dan Wells




CINEMATOGRAPHY & WORLD-BUILDING

Now, don't get me wrong, the stories and the action are amazing in all these too. But I think more than anything, I would just love to see the fantastic worlds that these books are set in. To see Cinder's New Beijing,  ... Lirael's cliffside dwelling with the Clayr, the Old Kingdom and Ancelstierre ... Uglyville and New Pretty Town and The Smoke. I would get so distracted by the setting I'd probably have to watch the movie twice! Not that I'm complaining =) I've heard talk of Cinder being optioned for movie, but no concrete news. The Uglies Movie, however, seems like it's going to happen.

Cinder - Marissa Meyer

Abhorsen Series - Garth Nix

The Uglies Series - Scott Westerfeld



ROMANCE / DRAMA


These I would love to see on film for the beautiful storytelling and the just so perfect romance. I like my romances with less steam and more substance and the relationships in each of these novels are slow and sweet and awkward and beautiful and real and I just adore them. I'm so excited that Unearthly is being developed as a TV show on the CW -- I hope everything goes through!


Unearthly - Cynthia Hand

The Goose Girl - Shannon Hale

Chime - Franny Billingsley



What books would you love to see as movies?

16 comments:

  1. Great idea to split the movie/books into genres. Plus your little film strips with books covers, gorgeous! I haven't read but have heard a lot about Graceling series. I would read or watch it just from all of the suggestions! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely Uglies!!! Made #1 on my list! It would be sooo amazing to watch! Thanks for splitting them into categories, that was a neat idea! :) Great post, and I'm a new follower as well!


    I would love it if you could check out my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to see Divergent done, I think it has lots going for it that could transfer to the big screen. I like the way you broke this down.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, I had no idea that Uglies was going to be made into a movie! But I agree that the world building would be SPECTACULAR (particularly The Smoke...I picture that in my head so many ways). And I've only just started reading Cinder (literally...I'm on page 2 haha), but the premise definitely lends itself to something movie-worthy.

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carissa! Thanks for the follow. I'm a Sydney writer too! :)

    Two thumbs up for Divergent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read that Divergent will be a movie in 2015, I'm not sure if it's true. Hahaha. I feel that Divergent will be a movie soon! :D

    I'm a new follower! :)
    My Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't know Divergent and Uglies were being made into movies--that's AWESOME. I'm so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you divided your list! Cinder would be so cool to see in theaters... except for maybe the disease--no closeups please! And a lot of people have been choosing Uglies and now I HAVE to see it as a movie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh Sabriel. I love The Old Kingdom series. Lirael is my favourite. It would be interesting to see how it would work as a film :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you always divide up your TTT lists! I'm hoping to see Divergent and Partials make it to the theaters, for sure. They'd be a lot of fun/action!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome categories! I like how you add your own touch to TTTs.
    Aaand I agree with The Abhorsen series... it's on my list too!

    Here’s my list :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've picked some top notch books! I'd have to agree with your list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, amazing list! I think every one of them would make a terrific movie. I especially would like to see 'Cinder'. Haven't read the book yet, but the synopsis and reviews makes me anxious to read it.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/05/top-10-tuesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautifully written list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Carissa! Thanks for coming over and liking my YA blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis