Thursday, February 9, 2012

3 x 3 : Views from our mailbox

The thing I love about photography is the way it forces you to stop and look at the world from a different perspective. Or in the case of this blog post, nine of them. I've wanted to do this for a long time, and actually took the photos for one on a street corner in Montreal but never got around to putting it together. The idea is this: pick a place, and stand within a 3 x 3 square. Without stepping outside the boundaries take 9 photos: 3 pictures with a normal lens, 3 with a macro/closeup and 3 with a telephoto. It's amazing how much diversity and how many stories can be found  while standing on such a small slice of pavement.



   

   
  
              

The top row was taken with my normal lens. The middle row with my telephoto. The bottom with a closeup filter. This is what I saw today while standing by my mailbox.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis