Friday, May 18, 2012

Passing on the writerly love!

What an awarding week! I've been slogging through a massively unwieldy literature review for my dissertation and it's been ugh, just ... sloggish. Thankfully, the folks over at Bookshelf Muse have dubbed this Random Acts of Kindness to Writers Week and I'm definitely feeling the love.  I adore the online writing community - you guys are the best!! So now it's time for me to pass on the love with some awards! All these bloggers have awesome writing blogs. If you haven't checked them out yet, you should!


Thanks Randi Lee at the Emotional Process of Writing  a Novel, A.K. Fontinos-Hoyer , Katharina Brendel at My Writing Journey, Liz Parker at the English Bad Ass and Charity at This is Life for making my week a little brighter with these sweet awards!

I'm awarding the Kreativ Blogger Award to:

Sydney Aaliyah // Tonya at Tonya's Musings // Miss Cole Seeks Publisher // Alisia Leavitt  // Robin Writes//Melanie at Daydreamer to Writer  // Donelle at a Little Dversion 


And I'm awarding the Sunshine Award to:

Amy at Limey YA Lit Girl
// Skye at Write or Die Trying  // Laura at Stranger than Writing // Elodie at CommutingGirl  // Kate Scott Writes // Christina G. Gaudet // Aderyn Wood // Mandie Baxter //Danica's Writing Corner  // Stephanie at My Personal Fairytale 


For more details on the awards, read onwards!!




Kreativ Blogger Award


Randi Lee at the Emotional Process of Writing  a NovelLiz Parker at the English Bad Ass  and A.K. Fontinos-Hoyer  awarded me with the Kreativ blogger award, which I'm totally flattered by, because they have AWESOME writer blogs. Seriously, if you haven't checked them out, you need to!!


How the Kreativ Blogger Award works is this: (1) Answer the 10 questions below, (2) Share 10 random facts about you, and (3) Nominate 7 other bloggers for the award! So without further ado:


Ten Questions:


1. What is your favorite song? At this precise moment I really like Bronte by Gotye, and also the anime video that goes with it. 
2. What is your favorite dessert? Anything smothered in chocolate.
3. What ticks you off? People who drive really fast through roundabouts, either completely oblivious to or not caring that I am walking on the crosswalk.
4. What do you do when you're upset? Yeah, I go ahead and cry. But I also do this when happy, sad, embarrassed, joyful, hungry ... I'm not emotionally prejudiced. Tears can be for any occasion.
5. Which is/was your favorite pet? My favorite future pet would be a chicken or goat, especially if I learn how to make goat cheese.
6. Which do you prefer, black or white? Black, no question. White never stays white anyway. 
7.What is your biggest fear? Hmm ... well I really would rather not see one of those freaky spiders they apparently have here in Australia. You know, like the kind that eat snakes.
8. What is your attitude mostly? Frantic. Is that an attitude? 
9.What is perfection? A day spent discovering new things (preferably at the ocean or on windy, cobbly streets), and then coming home to my husband, a cup of tea and a book.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? **see favorite dessert**

Ten random facts about me: 
1. When I was younger used to write with no spaces between words. Asyoucanimagineitwasverydifficulttodecipher.
2. Sometimes I wish I could be a little kid again so that I could wear costumes, climb trees, and build forts without people looking at me funny. 
3. 95% of my clothes I buy used.
4. I always wake up before 6am.
5. If I don't eat something right away in the morning, I get very grumpy. 
6. When I get very grumpy, nothing sounds good to eat. 
7. I've been a vegetarian since I was 15. 
8. TV shows usually annoy me because I feel like I'm wasting my time -- I'm recovering from this, sort of.
9. I can't bear to waste my time. 
10. I once drove all night so that I could get to a certain beach in time for low tide (Unlike watching TV, I did not consider this a waste of my time).



Sunshine Award
I received this lovely award from Katharina Brendel at My Writing Journey and Charity at This is LifeIf you haven't checked out their blogs yet, you should definitely hop on over!For the Sunshine award, answer the ten questions below post ten random facts about yourself, and then pass the award on to ten other bloggers!

The Ten Questions:


1. Pantser or Plotter?
I'm more of a pantser I suppose ... well no, that's a lie. I'm more of a plotter, but I don't necessarily plot conventionally and I never follow my own advice anyway.
2. Do you listen to music while writing? Yes, but only instrumental music. Never classical, unless I'm writing an epic battle scene, but instrumental. Right now I'm listening to Nightmares on Wax.
3. What genre do you write in? Fantasy, dystopian, and my next WIP is going to be a bit steampunky I think.
4. Books on writing you recommend? I can't think of any off the top of my head.
5. Which are your favorite authors? This is an impossible question for me! when I was growing up, Madeline L'Engle, L.M. Montgomery, C.S. Lewis. Now there are so many to add to the list I couldn't even begin!
6. How long have you been writing? I think my first "book" was when I was eight. It was fifty pages, and its protagonist was "Annamarie" who was the daughter of a woodcutter. I think I wrote short stories before that though.
7. What is your favorite part of the writing process? I love it all, except when I doubt myself.
8. How do you capture ideas when you are on the go? I always try to keep a notebook or at least a scrap of paper on me.
9. How do you handle bad reviews? I try to distance myself from them and think of them more academically. Sometimes the reviews say more about the audience/reader than the work. But sometimes/most times they actually can provide really valuable feedback for me on how to improve my writing, and that's great!
10. Worst writing mistake you make: Using "was" ... I think my dissertation writing is affecting my other writing!


For the ten random things, I'm going to cheat and refer you to the list above!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks! I wake up before 6 AM too but not by choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your lit review! It is a terrible process, but hopefully you will soon be free of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, that's lovely of you :) I will try and answer them this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also get up before 6am. At first it was because I had to...now it's by choice.

    Thank you for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stumbled across your blog--nice to meet you!

    I also can't stand wasting my time and don't ususally like TV. And...ghaaa! Why did I have to click on the spider link??? (Wait. I don't live in Australia. I am OK.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the nomination. I'm glad you like my blog (it's a work in progress, but aren't they all).

    It's fun to read your answers and get to know you that way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your ten random facts...I completely agree with the "tv being a waste of time" comment. Driving to the beach for low tide sounds like something I would do. And I always wake up before 6am, too. Don't know what it is about mornings--I just can't sleep through them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, thank you!
    I shall post now...
    Oh, and I love your random facts - random indeed!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the award! I'm the same when I don't eat immediately when I get up. Although sometimes, making fresh muffins is worth the wait. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the award, Carissa! I'm glad you like my blog!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis