Monday, September 8, 2014

Review-cipes: If I Stay, The Sky is Everywhere, Sean Griswold's Head

Well dear readers, it has been far too long. But between the new baby (I'm a MOM! It's craaazy! He's 200% adorable and also does not sleep) and editing my latest MS, I just haven't been able to devote my time to the blog. However, with FARLIGHT about to launch into the world, I hope to be able to dedicate more time to it in the very near future.

Needless to say, it's high time I updated you all on some of my favorite recent reads!

(actually I read most of these during my book-a-day stint back in February when my little one wouldn't sleep unless I was walking him up and down the hall in a baby carrier. But that is another story.)

So, here come my mini review-cipes, Contemporary Edition.

    aka ... if you liked TFIOS ... read these!


If I Stay -- by Gayle Foreman

*Yes you must read this book before you see the movie.
  ... Hurry.*

Uncover:

A gifted cellist
Life, love, unravelling
A chance to stay.

She survived. But what did she lose? And will she stay?

If you Love If: The Fault in our Stars - John Green, The Sky is Everywhere - Jandy Nelson, Pivot Point - Kasie West


The Sky is Everywhere -- by Jandy Nelson

Piece together:

The ache of a little sister, left behind
Music, roses, streets littered with poetry
Love: old and new and everything inbetween.

When Lennie's sister died suddenly, she realized she'd always been the shadow. Now, she must figure out how to move on, alone.

Similar Reads: If I Stay - Gayle Foreman, The Fault in our Stars - John Green, Saving June - Hannah Harrington


Sean Griswold's Head -- Lindsay Leavitt

Combine:

Girl more-than-a-little pissed at the fam
Guy-crazy BFF
Focus objects, crushes, bikes, betrayal

Guy she's always known. But not really. That she's stalking him? That's her guidance counselor's fault. Need a focus object? Look no further than Sean Griswold's Head.

In the same vein: Catching Jordan - Miranda Kenneally, Along for the Ride - Sarah Dessen, Lola and the Boy Next Door - Stephanie Perkins

Have you read any of these? What were your thoughts? 
Any other book recommendations for fans of these great reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis