Friday, January 27, 2012

Up and Carissa

I have a serious issue. I am awake. This has been a problem my entire life. Here's how it goes - a little something like this: I always wake up before 6am.  Does it matter that I stayed up till 3am? No, silly girl it does not matter that you stayed up till 3am! Bah! It's better if you stayed up until 3am! Then all the sleep fairies can have a good laugh ... and a coffee break.


In fact, I have calculated that over the course of my life, I have been awake approximately 2-3 years more than Rob, despite the fact that he is 1 year older than me. Yes we actually calculated this, and yes, you read it right. We go to bed at the same time every night; then I wake up at 5 or 6, and he wakes up at 8 or 9. You calculate this out over the course of a week, and I have been awake approximately 21 hours longer that week than he has. Stretch it out to a month, I've been awake for 3-4 more days than him. 


Some days I love this. I wake up and get twenty million things done before anyone else is awake. Other days I hate it, because no matter how tired I feel, I cannot go back to bed. I. must. get. up. On the flip side of things, at night, I can go to sleep really fast. Really fast. I have been timed. I am not sure what my average is, but the record is 29 seconds from declaring intent to sleep.


**The title for this blog post is stolen from Rob... he's always of the opinion that 'Adam' (at 'em) never not make sense ... he's always very clearly 'Up and Rob' not 'Up and Adam'**



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis