Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Previously ...




Previously... is a Bloghop recapping the previous month's goals and accomplishments. It's hosted by the lovely Miss Cole on the last Wednesday of every month. For more details on how to participate visit the Previously page!

Previously in Writing

This month, I've continued editing my NaNoWriMo novel #IslandGirlWIP -- an MG Contemporary reimagining of one of my favorite childhood books. I finished a round of edits at the end of January, and am now editing based on feedback from my first round of betas. My babysitter is still on summer break so I don't have much time for writing, writing, but hopefully next month!

Previously in Reading

This month, I did a lot of beta-reading so I haven't done quite as much novel reading as usual. However. I did get a chance to read BOUNDERS  -- an MG Sci-Fi by Monica Tesler, and absolutely loved it! Seriously, I can't remember the last time I had so much fun reading a book. It's like Enders Game but somehow more lighthearted without sacrificing suspense, and way funnier. Plus? It's got a neurodiverse cast! Full of win.

I'm now halfway through Fablehaven by Brandon Mull, which is something that the MC in the novel I'm editing would probably be reading! I really like trying to pair my reading with my writing/editing in that way, because it totally helps me stay in the groove even during those hours I'm not writing.

Next Time in Goals

Next month, I hope to be finished with the next round of edits on #IslandGirlWIP and hopefully 50% done with my new book #TeenJournalistWIP! Right now it's at about 30%, but it's a super research-heavy book, so we shall see! I also hope to read at least two or three new books. It will definitely help to have my babysitter back!

A Word of Advice

When in doubt, have a dance party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis